The LAP is composed of:
- LAP Executive Committee, composed of the Co-chairs, plus a minimum of four members (for a total of five) from other authorities or agencies, with attention given to geographic diversity and representation, and responsible for providing strategic direction and oversight of LAP activities.
- The Secretariat provides administrative, technical and operational support to the LAP Executive Committee, the LAP working groups/committees. The Secretariat Support Group (SSG) will be comprised of at least 3 representatives among the membership.
- Working groups contribute significantly to the cooperative program under LAP.
LAP operates on the basis of consensus.
LAP members meet annually once face-to-face, generally in a conference setting.
Regular teleconference calls also take place to connect authorities to share experience and build expertise, as well as to discuss various LAP activities, projects, and upcoming meetings.
LAP Activities include:
- Sharing information and intelligence to identify risks and opportunities for enforcement action and/or prevention.
- Sharing of effective intelligence and investigative techniques and enforcement strategies.
- Exploration of similarities and differences in procedural, substantive and evidentiary rules to address challenges to cooperation.
- Facilitation of coordination of compliance sweeps involving multiple authorities.
- Cooperation with other organizations or networks involved with related activities.
- Sharing insights with countries implementing new regulatory regime programs.
- Posting relevant content to the LAP website, such as enforcement and compliance outcomes and initiatives.
- Expanding membership
- Communication and marketing
Training sessions on voice and spam related matters with non-governmental advisors, such as representatives from industry, academia, international organizations and professional associations